This historic three-story brick Colonial Revival house is one of the earliest examples of this style in Washington, DC. Located in the Georgetown Historic District, the house has undergone many transformations since its construction in 1893. A 1961 modification removed the front porch and widow’s walk, relocating the front door to the side yard. Approved by the Commission of Fine Arts and Old Georgetown Board, the renovation scheme for Mother & Child reinstates the house’s original presence by restoring the porch and front door, while adding a rear modern garden pavilion. With a glass connector lightly joining the two structures, the existing portion contrasts the new addition: a modern, yet contextual, pavilion for the kitchen, dining, and living areas on the ground floor and a new master suite above.